Saturday 5 September 2009

Hello internet. How the devil are we? All good? Excellent. I’ll do some blogging then.

So where are we up to with life? Well it’s all good. Busy busy. But what I really wanted to discuss was the whole singing process.

Progress is being made my friends. Lessons are continuing and I’m still treading that fine line between building confidence one minute then being shot down the next...but it’s all fun and games.

Other progress has been made. I have been to a couple of festivals which have been ace. One of the best bits of both was when the guitar was dragged out and we all had a bit of a sing song. And guess who was on lead vocal duties? ME baby. In front of people and everything. The first time was in front of two people, which was terrifying, but I was drunk enough to get over it and we sang until 5am. Then the next time there was about fifteen of us...it was awesome. I shouted more than sang, but we had a right old good time.

Then last night I was messing with a new song for the band. The lyrics have been about for ages and it just needed a tune. I’d tried about a thousand but hadn’t got anything I was happy with. I stumbled onto something I liked almost by accident and knew immediately I would forget it if I didn’t record it there and then. So I very quietly (it was 10pm) sang it into the mic and knocked up a rough demo. Upon hearing how proud I was of said tune, my lovely bandmates demanded to hear it. I explained it was just a rough idea and it would sound much better when done properly, but they demanded anyway. So I showed them! And do you know what boys and girls? Nothing bad happened. They said they liked it. They said they liked my voice and couldn’t wait to hear a finished version. And neither can I!

Oh and I also recorded a song for a friend who was leaving, and presented her with it on her departure. I’d forgotten that. Check it out, I’m making so much progress I’m actually forgetting things.

These might seem like babysteps, but they’re bloody massive leaps. We’re moving forwards boys and girls, we are moving forwards. See you on the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment